1. Information about the data controller
Your personal data controller is SIA “Komunikācijas aģentūra”, registration number: 4000352460 (hereinafter also referred to as “Controller”, “we”), legal address: Blaumaņa street 5A – 7, LV-1011.
You can contact us by phone: 67201460 or by writing to the following e-mail address: [email protected]
2. Contact information for questions regarding personal data protection
If you have any questions regarding this statement or the processing of your personal data, you can contact us using the communication channels specified in point 1.
3. General description of our personal data processing
This statement describes how we process personal data of Game participants.
The purpose of this statement is to provide you with a general overview of our personal data processing activities and purposes. However, please note that other documents may also provide additional information on the processing of your personal data.
Please note that the personal data processing rules contained in this statement apply only to the processing of personal data of natural persons.
4. For what purposes do we process your personal data and what is the legal basis for personal data processing?
We will process your personal data only for the legitimate purposes defined in advance, including:
- to ensure participation in the Game, as well as to solve any issues related to the Game (for example, to ensure the record of completed tasks and the publication of results, as well as to issue prizes);
- to provide responses and communicate with you regarding issues related to the course of the Game.
Your personal data is processed in accordance with applicable data protection laws. The legal basis for processing your personal data may vary depending on the type of data and the purposes of its processing. It is possible that we will process the same personal data of yours for several purposes simultaneously and therefore several legal bases will be applied to them.
Contract. When you register for the Game and agree to the Game rules, the legal basis for processing your data is the contractual relationship between you and us.
Legal obligations. In certain cases, we process your personal data due to legal obligations, such as the obligation to keep accounting records or to provide information to state institutions upon their request.
Legitimate interests. In certain cases, we may process your personal data in our legitimate interests, such as to ensure the security of our systems and data or to analyze and improve our services. We will always carefully assess and balance our legitimate interests with your interests and fundamental rights and freedoms.
Consent. In certain cases, we may process your personal data based on your consent, which you have provided separately and voluntarily. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
5. Categories of personal data that we process
Mēs veicam attiecīgus pasākumus, lai apstrādātu Jūsu personas datus atbilstoši piemērojamiem tiesību aktiem un nodrošinātu, ka Jūsu personas datiem nepiekļūst trešās personas, kurām nav attiecīga tiesiskā pamata Jūsu personas datu apstrādei.
Jūsu personas datiem, pēc nepieciešamības, varētu piekļūt:
1) mūsu darbinieki vai tieši pilnvarotās personas, kuriem tas nepieciešams darba pienākumu izpildei, piemēram, grāmatvedis un mājas lapas administratori.
2) personas datu apstrādātāji atbilstoši to sniegtajiem pakalpojumiem un tikai nepieciešamā apjomā, piemēram, mājas lapas izstrādātājs, datu bāzes tehniskais uzturētājs, citas personas, kuras ir saistītas ar pakalpojumu sniegšanu;
3) valsts un pašvaldības iestādes tiesību aktos noteiktos gadījumos, piemēram, tiesībsargājošās iestādes, nodokļu pārvaldes;
4) Projekta pasūtītājs – Kultūras ministrija, Spēles uzraudzības nodrošināšanai.
5) balvas iegūšanas gadījumā, Jūsu vārdu uzvārdu un ja nepieciešams citu identifikatoru, publicēsim saskaņā ar Spēles noteikumiem.
6) balvas iegūšanas gadījumā, spēles balvu nodrošinātājiem, lai identificētu balvas saņēmēju.
6. Kādus sadarbības partnerus personas datu apstrādē jeb personas datu apstrādātājus mēs izvēlamies?
We will not disclose your personal data to third parties except in the following cases:
To third parties who provide services on our behalf and who are bound by confidentiality obligations; to state institutions, if required by law or if necessary to protect our legitimate interests; to our partners or sponsors, but only with your explicit consent.
7. Are your personal data transferred to countries outside the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA)?
We do not transfer data to countries outside the European Union or the European Economic Area.
8. How long will we keep your personal data?
In determining the retention period for personal data, we take into account the requirements of applicable laws and regulations, aspects of contract performance, your instructions (e.g., in case of consent), as well as our legitimate interests. If your personal data are no longer necessary for the specified purposes, we will delete or destroy them.
All personal data collected to ensure your participation in the Game will be deleted after the Game’s closing date as specified in the Game rules. However, we will keep the personal data of prize-winning participants for a longer period to comply with accounting regulations requiring the retention of supporting documents.
9. What are your rights as a data subject regarding the processing of your personal data?
You have the right to request access to your personal data, to rectify them, make changes, delete, transfer or restrict the use of your personal data. You have the right to object to processing, as well as the right to data portability by contacting us using the contact information provided. Before providing you with information, we have an obligation to verify your identity, and may request additional information.
Updating Personal Data
If there are any changes to your personal data, such as a change of email address, please inform us by sending an email to [email protected] so that we can achieve the relevant purposes of processing the personal data.
Your Right to Access and Rectify Your Personal Data
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to access your personal data that is in our possession, request their rectification, deletion, processing limitation, object to the processing of your data, and the right to data portability in the cases and manner specified in the General Data Protection Regulation.
We respect these rights for you to access and control your personal data. Therefore, upon receipt of your request, we will respond within the deadlines set by regulations (usually no later than one month, unless there is a specific request that requires more time to prepare a response). If possible, we will correct or delete your personal data accordingly.
You can obtain information about your personal data with us or exercise other rights as a data subject in one of the following ways:
1) By submitting the relevant application, send it to the Organizer by post to the address: Blaumaņa iela 5a – 7, LV-1011.
2) By submitting the relevant application, send it to our email: [email protected], it is recommended to sign it with a secure electronic signature.
Upon receipt of your application, we will evaluate its content and your identification, and depending on the situation, the Organizer may ask you for additional identification to ensure the security and disclosure of your data to the relevant person.
Withdrawal of consent
If the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw it at any time and we will no longer process your personal data for the purpose for which we obtained your consent. However, please note that withdrawing your consent cannot affect the processing of personal data necessary for compliance with legal obligations, the performance of a contract, our legitimate interests, or other legal grounds for lawful data processing specified in the regulations.
You may also object to the processing of your personal data if it is based on our legitimate interests.
Providing personal data is a prerequisite for participating in the Game.
10. Where can you file a complaint regarding issues related to the processing of personal data?
If you have any questions or objections regarding the processing of your personal data, we first invite you to contact us.
If you still believe that we have not been able to resolve the problem and you believe that we are violating your right to the protection of personal data, you have the right to file a complaint with the State Data Inspectorate (www.dvi.gov.lv).
11. Why do you need to provide us with your personal data?
We collect your personal data to identify you in the Game, to be able to store the necessary information related to the number of tasks performed in the Game, and to contact you if you have won any prizes.
In these cases, obtaining certain information is necessary to achieve the respective goals. Therefore, your registration and participation in the Game is not possible without providing such information.
12. How do we obtain your personal data?
We can obtain your personal data in one of the following ways:
- name, surname, email – from you, if you register to participate in the Game by submitting a completed task sheet;
- your Instagram username and profile picture – from you, if you register to participate in the Game by posting a picture in your Instagram profile.
13. Are your personal data used for automated decision-making?
We do not use your data for automated decision-making.